Our club is hosting an introductory tutorial on the Unity Game Engine. The goal of this event is to familiarize participants on how to navigate and use the basic tools of this engine and help them towards creating their first games.
We will be covering the following key concepts:
- basics of the unity interface (inspector, scene/game views, etc.)
- creating and modifying gameobjects in the scene view/inspector
- colliders and rigidbody physics components
- handling user input in code and moving objects
- prefabs and instantiating gameobjects in code