Tax Service

2017/18 academic year:   please note that the Okanagan College's information is listed on the CRA's CVITP link and the Okanagan College Account Club Tax Prep clinic is open to the public and students. 

Every year, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) provides a free, community income tax clinic (during March and April) for individuals who need assistance with filling income taxes.  These tax clinics operate under a first come, first serve basis and really appreciate your patience and understanding that this is a very busy time with many individuals needing to file their income taxes.   Please review our Income Tax Frequently Asked Questions.

In order to assist all students quickly as possible, volunteers at the tax clinic will ask students to bring the following documents and information with them to the clinic:

  • Social insurance Number (SIN)    OR    Individual Tax Number (ITN)
  • T2202A (Tuition fees paid for the tax year) — this can be found through the University's Student Service Centre (SSC)
  • T4A - Scholarship and Bursaries
  • T4 - Employment Income and Deductions — this will be provided to you by your employer(s)

If you have purchased a Summer U-PASS, please be sure to keep the receipt in order to include it on your income tax return as it is recorded separate from the Fall and Winter U-PASS fees.

Please note that these Tax Clinics are only able to assist students with simple tax returns (e.g. you have all of the required documents - see list above) and who are only filing for the most recent past income tax year.   Students who have more complex income tax requirements or who are submitting multiple income tax years, are encouraged to seek the professional advice of an accountant immediately.

The UBCSUO 2017 tax clinic last day will be on Monday, April 23rd, 2018.    If you still require assistance with their tax return, please use the Community Income Tax Clinic link or please seek assistance of a  professional accountant.

There are other organizations with in the community which provide the same tax clinic format, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency Community Income Tax Clinics information page for more details: